Saturday 16 May 2015

Soldering Tips

Soldering Tips

So one of the projects I'm working on requires soldering in the electronic sense, but the problem is that I don't really have the setup, oh and I haven't soldered any electronics for about 16 years.

So with a rusty idea of how it works and a can do attitude I proceed.


Really could do with a fine soldering tip for this job - no bother this one that looks like a spade will do. Can't find the solder and flux for electronic work - I'm sure my heating work solder and power flux will do the same job.

Now while the make do attitude gets the job done, it does lead to some undesired affects, like using my big reel of solder leading to giant blobs that don't look very pretty and using my power flux resulting in my soldering tip being eaten away.

Fingers were burnt, no lessons were learnt. But fun was had all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment